Creative Entrepreneurs to Compete in Copenhagen
Mark Marich (GEW global)
Brazil,Denmark,Estonia,Germany,Iceland,Israel,Jordan,Kenya,Malaysia,Norway,United States of America
Oct 24, 2012
Entrepreneurs in the creative industries from 15 countries travel to Copenhagen, Denmark, during Global Entrepreneurship Week to compete against one another in the Creative Business Cup.
The finalists are:
- AG Mess Sarl / Togo: AG Mess Sarl specializes in the production and sales of professional notebooks measuring couturiers and designers--helping designers and craftsmen to save time, improve their work and increase their productivity.
- Beskal / Malaysia: Beskal designs a handy and eco-friendly bag that can porter any type of bicycle. The bag is made of recycled material.
- Cypscent JA / Kenya: Cypscent JA is producing perfume in different fragrances using a common weed from Kenya, the Cyprus rotunda.
- Dancing Pillow / Jordan: Dancing Pillow is an electronic device made for hearing-impaired people to help alert them through use of a smartphone application.
- ETK Films / Faroe Islands: ETK Films is an enterprise engaged in the development and production of a new cooking show series that blends the traditional format with a fictional storyline.
- Greenbo / Israel: Greenbo produces an innovative and eye-catching range of products for urban gardening.
- Guitarparty.com / Iceland: Guitarparty.com provides users with song lyrics, tablature, video guitar lessons and electronic songbooks.
- IndianRaga / United States: IndianRaga is a new online platform aimed at preserving the Indian art music industries through promising artists under the age of 30.
- Jomybooks / Estonia: Jomybooks is a collaborative platform for storytellers and designers to publish childrens books for tablets.
- Moon Vision It Research Company / Namibia: The Taramo Live program links businesses with their market by profiling business annd offering prizes through a TV show and SMS competition.
- Morethanshelters / Germany: Morethanshelters believes that every person on this planet has a right to a home--and aims to provide humane and sustainable shelters for humanitarian purposes.
- Mystery Makers / Denmark: Mystery Makers creates memorable events with elements of treasure hunting and storytelling--uniting myths and rituals in a game to entertain and inspire personal growth.
- Norwegian Rain / Norway: Norwegian Rain offers a sartorial take on extreme, high-performance rainwear--a natural fit for a startup based in Europe's rainiest city, Bergen, Norway.
- Toda Bossa Slow Design / Brazil: TodaBossa Slow Design works to develop creative, high-quality products with the collaboration of artists from around the world.
- We Want Cinema / Netherlands: We Want Cinema is a new online platform designed to allow audiences to directly determine what is running in the cinema. Select a movie, documentary or program and invite friends--if you sell enough tickets, it shows.
The competition is meant to improve the business skills and number of successful companies in the creative industries, such as design, architecture, content production, music, film & video, gastronomy and more. These industries are growing sectors that continue to provide more jobs, and add increasing value to products and services with a positive spill over effect on more traditional industries improving growth and innovation.
Stay tuned for news on the winners during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
[photo credit: paperpariah]