Bill Clinton To Headline Entrepreneurs 2012 During GEW
Mark Marich (GEW global)
Oct 29, 2012
Count former U.S. President Bill Clinton among the world leaders using Global Entrepreneurship Week as a chance to emphasize the importance of startups and job creators to the global economy. President Clinton is headlining Entrepreneurs 2012, an event in London at the tail end of Global Entrepreneurship Week/UK.
"In today's challenging economic climate, entrepreneurs need our support more than ever--and we need their success," said President Clinton in a video message released to promote the event. "Often, it is small entrepreneurs that drive economic growth in their communities, creating jobs and opportunities for people who need them most."
Joining him at Entrepreneurs 2012 is Jonathan Ortmans, president of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Ortmans is appearing on Friday at the Leaders First session of the four-day conference.
The program and accompanying Gala Dinner include an impressive collection of entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and inspiring individuals:
- Bear Grylls, host of Discovery Channel's 'Man vs. Wild'
- Kevin Spacey, Academy Award winning actor
- Ruby Wax, leadership expert and international comedienne
- Levi Roots, entrepreneur, chef and musician behind Reggae Reggae Sauce
- Bruce Dickinson, investor and former lead singer of Iron Maiden.
- Julie Meyer, founder and CEO of Ariadne Capital
- Lena Benjamin, London chair of the Women in Managment Network
- Mike Southon, serial entrepreneur and Financial Mail columnist
- and dozens more.
A select number of free tickets are available, but you can get a special deeply discounted rate--up to 50% off--on premium tickets by contacting the organizers directly and mentioning you found out through "Jonathan Ortmans" or "GEW Global." Packages range from tickets to the Leaders First finale on Friday only to front row seats for all four days plus a seat (or a whole table) at the Gala Dinner.
For discounted premium tickets, contact Rebecca Van Havere of Blak Pearl -- firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (+44) 01275 390495.
[photo credit: sskennel | Creative Commons]